– Galaxy S7/S8/Note8 owners: Tap [Settings]> [Cloud and accounts] > [Smart Switch] to open Smart SwitchMobile.
* Smart Switch Mobile is already preloaded on Galaxy S7/S8/Note8device.
▣ Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music,photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to yournew Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switch™ helps you find your favoriteapps or suggest similar ones on Google Play™.
▣ Who can transfer?
• Android™ owners
– Wireless transfer: Android 4.0 or higher
– Wireless transfers from a compatible Android device to Galaxydevice: Android 4.0 or higher (Galaxy device must support a ‘MobileAP’ function to allow content to be transferred.)
– Wired transfer: Android 4.3 or higher, charger cable, and a USBconnector
• iOS™ owners – use the option that’s best for you:
– Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy: iOS 5.0 orabove, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin), and a USBconnector
– Import from iCloud™: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
– PC/Mac transfer using iTunes™: Smart Switch PC/Mac software – Getstarted http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
• BlackBerry™ owners
– Wireless transfers: BlackBerry OS 7 or 10 (Mobile AP)
– Wired transfer from your BlackBerry device to your Galaxy:BlackBerry OS 7 or 10 for transfers via USB connector
• Windows™ Mobile owners
– Wireless transfers: Windows OS 8.1 or 10
* Note: For more information and step-by-step directions, go tohttp://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
▣ What can be transferred?
– Contacts, calendar(Device content only), messages, photos, music(DRM free content only, Not supported for iCloud), videos (DRM freecontent only), call logs, memos, alarms, Wi-Fi, wallpapers,documents, app data (Galaxy devices only), home layouts (Galaxydevices only)
– You can send app data and home layouts by upgrading your Galaxydevice to M OS (Galaxy S6 or higher).
* Note: Smart Switch scans and transfers content stored on thedevice and from the SD card (if used).
▣ Which devices are supported?
• Galaxy: Recent Galaxy mobile devices and tablets (From GalaxyS2)
* Note: For Galaxy S2, old OS (GB/ICS) version can causeincompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please tryafter firmware update.
• Other Android devices:
– HTC, LG, Sony, Huawei, Lenovo, Motorola, PANTECH, Panasonic,Kyocera, NEC, SHARP, Fujitsu, Xiaomi, Vivo, OPPO, Coolpad(DazenF2),RIM(Priv), YotaPhone, ZTE(Nubia Z9), Gionee, LAVA, MyPhone(My28s),Cherry Mobile, Google(Pixel)
* Note: For reasons such as compatibility between devices, it maynot be possible to install and use Smart Switch on certaindevices.
1. To transfer data, both devices must have a minimum of 500 MBfree space in their internal memory.
2. If you are using a wired connection, your device must support a’Transferring media files (MTP)’ USB option to allow content to betransferred.
3. If you have a non-Samsung device that constantly disconnectsfrom the wireless network, go to Advanced Wi-Fi on your device,turn off the “Wi-Fi initialize” and “Disconnect low Wi-Fi signal”options, and try again.
(The options described above may not be available, depending onyour device manufacturer and OS version.)
※ Application permissions
The following permissions are required for the app service.
[ Required permissions ]
. Telephone: Used to transfer call log data
. Contacts: Used to transfer contacts data
. Calendar: Used to transfer calendar data
. SMS: Used to transfer SMS data
. Storage: Used to save the files necessary for data transfer
. Microphone: Used for high-frequency audio when searching forGalaxy devices.
If your system software version is lower than Android 6.0, pleaseupdate the software to configure App permissions.
Previously allowed permissions can be reset on Apps menu in devicesettings after software update.